Horse Trials 2019

Campbell Valley Horse Trials 2019 is Aug 16 to 18.

Opening date is July 1st, 2019; closing date is August 4th, 2019.

Here is a link to the CVES HT 2019 Equestrian Canada Omnibus entry.  We offer IP, OP, OT, PT, E, PE and Starter.  We also offer both an Advanced and Intermediate Combined Test (dressage and stadium).

Click here for 2019 Entry Form fillable and 2019 Stabling Form fillable.   You’ll need to print the Entry form to sign it before sending in or if you have a digital signature, remember to Save your form before sending or we will receive a blank form. Stalls are $75 for the show (Thursday to Sunday). GST and Drug Fees are included in Entry Fee.

Entries open July 1st. You will be able to view your entry status and ride times here when posted.  Entries are not complete until payment has been received. Emailed entries will be wait-listed until payment is received. **We accept Interac e-transfers.   Please ensure that you put horse/rider in the memo field so that we can match with your entry. You pay any bank fees involved. (Usually free or minimal cost)  Payment can also be made by credit card with a $10.00 service charge.

Get your entry completed and in early to qualify for a prize draw. The first 25 correctly and fully completed entries including payment and photocopies will be entered in a draw for $100 worth of CVES certificates that can be used at any CVES dressage show, XC schooling day or event over the next year.

Scratches or changes to entries prior to the Closing Date will not be charged any fee, so get them in now and you can still change your mind up to the closing date. Closing Date is Sunday, August 4th. After Closing Date any changes or late entries (if accepted) will be charged an administration fee. Cheques won’t be deposited until after the Closing Date.

Required Memberships for Horse Trials Entries

You need 3 memberships to enter a recognized Horse Trials. The initials in brackets match the correct spot to put your membership numbers on the Eventing entry form.
1. Equestrian Canada Sport Licence (EC-SL)– Bronze (PreTraining and lower); Silver (Training); Gold (Preliminary). Remember to purchase before March 31 each year to avoid the late fee. Note: There is no longer a separate Canadian Eventing Affiliation that you need to purchase.

2. Horse Council BC (Prov #)– Riders and owners of horses must have current HCBC membership.

3. Horse Trials BC (PHTA #)– This is purchased as an add-on to your Horse Council BC. It is not a separate card or number. It shows up as an additional line on your HCBC card.
If you already have your HCBC membership, to add HTBC, log in and select “Add Another Membership Organization to Existing Horse Council BC Membership” and follow the prompts.

Additional Information
When you purchase these memberships online, they show up right away and the entry secretaries can see that you have them. Purchasing your memberships online ahead of entering will save you and the event organizers a lot of time and headaches.

Remember Juniors must have completed a minimum of 2 events at Pre Training level with qualifying scores in order to be able to move up to Training. All must have completed a minimum of 3 events at Training with qualifying results in order to be able to move up to Preliminary. See full EC Participation Eligibility table and scroll down to the Horse Trials Participation Policy.

Training and above must complete the Qualifications of Horse and Rider section on the bottom of the entry form. Keep track of your competition scores to make this easier for you.

All horses at Training and above must have a current EC Horse Recording or passport.

Owners of horses competing must have HCBC and EC-SL at the level competing.
Owners of US horses must complete the Affidavit for Foreign Owned Horses and include it with their entry.
US Riders may compete provided they are a member and/or hold a competitive license of their own country’s National Eventing Association and National Equestrian Federation.

Dressage Tests – You can find the 2016 Dressage Tests here (scroll to near the bottom). Check the Omnibus listing to see which test each division will use.

CVES logo