Horse Trials 2019

Campbell Valley Horse Trials 2019 is Aug 16 to 18.

More information to come…

Required Memberships for Horse Trials Entries

You need 3 memberships to enter a recognized Horse Trials. The initials in brackets match the correct spot to put your membership numbers on the Eventing entry form.

  1. Equestrian Canada Sport Licence (EC-SL)– Bronze (PreTraining and lower); Silver (Training); Gold (Preliminary). Remember to purchase by March 31 each year to avoid the late fee. Note: There is no longer a separate Canadian Eventing Affiliation that you need to purchase.
  2. Horse Council BC (Prov #)– Riders and owners of horses must have current HCBC membership
  3. Horse Trials BC (PHTA #)– This is purchased as an add-on to your Horse Council BC. It is not a separate card or number. It shows up as an additional line on your HCBC card.  If you already have your HCBC membership, to add HTBC, log in and select “Add Another Membership Organization to Existing Horse Council BC Membership” and follow the prompts.

 Additional Information

When you purchase these memberships online, they show up right away and the entry secretaries can see that you have them. Purchasing your memberships online ahead of entering a horse trials will save you and the event organizers a lot of time and headaches.

Remember Juniors must have completed a minimum of 2 events at Pre Training level with qualifying scores in order to be able to move up to Training. All must have completed a minimum of 3 events at Training with qualifying results in order to be able to move up to Preliminary. See full EC Participation Eligibility table and scroll down to the Horse Trials Participation Policy.

Training and above must complete the Qualifications of Horse and Rider section on the bottom of the entry form. Keep track of your competition scores to make this easier for you.

All horses at Training and above must have a current EC Horse Recording or passport.

Owners of horses competing must have HCBC and EC-SL at the level competing.

Owners of US horses must complete the Affidavit for Foreign Owned Horses and include it with their entry.

US Riders may compete provided they are a member and/or hold a competitive license of their own country’s National Eventing Association and National Equestrian Federation.

CVES logo